Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Creative Habit- Twyla Tharp




     As a young dancer, wanting to be choreographer, I find myself looking to none other than Twyla Tharp as inspiration. A few years ago my father took me to "Dance with Me" the featured Frank Sinatra based show at the Encore choreographed by Twyla Tharp herself. Needless to say... I fell in love. With a combination of his music, her choreography, and the stunning dancers on stage–– I was in shock. After all, It would have been impossible not to be.            Just the other week, I was out with my father after he had just returned from New York. When I got into his car he told me he had a present for me and handed me what felt like a book. Greattt, I thought, another stupid book. I opened the book to find *drumroll please.......a book. Yay.......Then I started to read the cover–– The Creative Habit....Interesting.....by Twyla Tharp.......wait what, my dad actually got me a book I will read, what?!?!


Click here to read about it 

   Needless to say, Im already a few chapters in and loving it. I swear, all of her words are made out of solid gold. In the chapter I am currently reading she asks the reader a series of twenty questions. So, being the brilliant person that I am, I have decided to post my answers on this blog incase someone out there is actually reading this and/or cares.           



No comments:

Post a Comment